HOW TO PREPARE YOUR RV OR TRAILER FOR WINTER STORAGE
If you own an RV or trailer, you know that winter can be tough on your vehicle. Snow, ice, and freezing temperatures can cause serious damage if your RV or trailer isn't properly prepared for storage. In this blog post, we'll give you some tips on how to get your RV or trailer ready for winter storage.
1. Clean the exterior of your RV or trailer. This includes washing and waxing the body, cleaning the windows, and removing any dirt or debris from the undercarriage.
2. Inspect the tires. Check the tread depth and pressure of all the tires on your RV or trailer. If the tread is shallow or the pressure is low, it's time to replace the tires.
3. Store your RV or trailer in a covered area if at all possible.
4. Disconnect the battery. Cold weather can damage your RV or trailer's battery. To prevent this, disconnect the battery and store it in a warm, dry place.
5. Make sure to drain all tanks and flush out pipes (some people use food-grade anti-freeze to avoid freezing pipes).
By following these simple tips, you can help ensure that your RV or trailer survives the winter months without any problems. Remember to clean and inspect your vehicle before storing it for the winter, and make sure to disconnect the battery to prevent damage from cold weather conditions.
RV AND SEASONAL STORAGE IN THE GTA
Store your RV safely this winter with U-Need Storage. Our outdoor parking facility in Burlington provides secure and affordable storage for your seasonal vehicles. We also offer special climate-controlled indoor parking at select locations throughout the GTA. Learn more about our vehicle storage options and contact us today.