Climate Controlled Storage in Oakville and Surrounding Areas
You can do permanent damage to some of your most prized possessions by not properly storing them. Many electronics, instruments and antiques can be negatively affected by extreme temperatures or exposure to moisture. At U-NEED Storage, we offer climate controlled storage options in Oakville and the surrounding areas. The ability to control the temperature will help you to protect your most valuable items from the elements and make sure they are in good working order when you need them again. Our climate controlled options are offered at a select number of our 9 locations throughout the GTA.
Why Choose Us
U-NEED Storage is your choice for affordable and easily accessible storage options in Oakville and the GTA. We are owned and operated by the Durante Group of Companies, a family-owned business that has been proudly serving the local communities for more than 50 years. All of our 9 locations offer the following:
- A gated storage facility with keypad access
- Monitoring with video surveillance
- Fenced storage yards for additional security
- Secure units: you lock it, you keep the key
- No contracts: month-to-month rentals, seasonal or long-term
- Easy highway access
- Indoor seasonal parking
- 24/7 access to your items
8 Items that Need Climate Controlled Storage in Oakville
Many items need to be protected from extreme temperatures and moisture in order to prevent damage. Extreme heat can cause irreparable damage and warping to your beloved furniture, instruments and much more. If you are planning to store any of the following items, consider storing them at U-NEED Storage at one of our climate controlled storage units in Oakville.
- Wooden Furniture: If exposed to too much moisture, wood can crack, warp or rot over time. Bed frames, tables, chairs, end tables nightstands and any other wooden furniture should be kept in a climate controlled area
- Leather Furniture: Leather is very sensitive to extreme changes of temperature. For these expensive items, it is best to protect them with a climate controlled storage area to prevent exposure to moisture which can discolour the pieces and cause mildew growth.
- Household Appliances: Household appliances that you plan to use again upon their removal from the storage unit should all be stored in a climate controlled facility. This includes washers, dryers, dishwashers, ovens, microwaves, etc. It will help to protect electronic and mechanical parts from cracking and rust.
- Special Collections: Any extensive collections should be protected from the heat and cold of changing weather. This includes coins, stamps, comics and wine.
- Musical Instruments: Instruments are very delicate and should always be handled with care. Moisture and humidity can permanently damage your instruments by warping, snapping the strings or corroding brass instruments.
- Artwork: Artwork and art supplies are best kept in a controlled environment. To keep these items at their best they should be stored at temperatures between 70 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit and at about 50% humidity.
- Photos: Ensure your memories are persevered by storing your family photos and albums in climate controlled storage in Oakville. High temperatures can cause stacked photos to blend together and deteriorate. Photos are best stored facing away from each other, even in albums.
- Electronics: Humidity and high heat can damage many electronics, like TVs, computer or recording equipment. Extended exposure to humidity can cause the same damage as a direct water spill, like rusting of interior parts and breakage of wiring.
Call Us Today!
Contact U-NEED Storage today to learn more about our climate controlled storage areas in Oakville and the GTA.
Best Rate Guarantee: Provide us with a current written quote for similar storage in the same area, and we will beat the price. No gimmicks, no hidden fees.